The Neck Wall Uniformity Adapter is an optional add-on to the Accuracy One Concentricity Gauge that makes checking case neck wall thickness uniformity fast and easy.
Neck Wall Uniformity Adapter Instructions:
- Remove the right side roller block from the Concentricity Gauge and set it aside.
- Insert the mandrel that corresponds to the caliber of the cartridge you wish to check into the adapter and tighten the thumb screw.
- Place the adapter in the channel of the Concentricity Gauge base, so that it is about one inch to the right of the drive wheel, as shown in the drawing.
- Center the indicator tip on the mandrel as shown in the drawing and lower the indicator until the tip is touching the mandrel.
- Zero the indicator.
- With the drive wheel raised, slide a case onto the mandrel, under the indicator tip.
- Slide the left roller block, with stop pin, into position.
- With the base of the case resting on the roller block and contacting the stop pin, note the location of the indicator tip.
- The position of the roller block may be adjusted until the indicator tip is at the desired neck location.
- Check to make sure that the case is horizontal. If it is not, the height of the mandrel should be adjusted.
- The mandrel height is adjusted by loosening the thumb screw and sliding the mandrel block up, or down on the pins as needed. Tighten the thumb screw after adjustment.
- Remove the case without changing the placement of the adapter or roller block to check that the indicator tip is still centered on the mandrel.
- Replace the case.
- Lowering the drive wheel and turning the knob, will rotate the case around the mandrel. Neck wall runout will be displayed on the indicator.
- It is important to note that to obtain the best results, case mouths must not be deformed. We also recommend cleaning the inside of the neck of previously fired brass with a nylon bore brush before measuring neck wall thickness uniformity.